WHAT IS THE PROGRAMME
A time-limited Artist Associate programme which is designed to help develop and mentor several local companies or individual artists in developing and creating new work and their practice. This opportunity may be of interest to early career stage artists, but we would welcome applications from artists at all stages. Those successful will become Propel Associates for 20-months and will have access to rehearsal space, mentoring sessions and opportunities to present work back. We define artists as individuals or companies that create work for live performance.
HOW IT WORKS
As part of the programme, MAST will offer;
· Rehearsal space to develop work at key points in the year.
· Practical support for production development.
· Professional and creative mentoring sessions with MAST staff.
· Opportunities to share work to invited audiences and receive feedback.
· Marketing support and guidance.
· A seed commission to help develop their work and/or practice.
· The chance to collaborate with other artists on the programme.
· End of residency performance as part of our SHOUT Festival.
What you’ll be required to do;
· Deliver two workshops during the programme to either Mayflower Youth Theatre, Mayflower Young Company or as part of one of MAST’s community events.
· Deliver one session for the MAST Artist Network.
· Attend Artist Network meetings and events.
· Present work as part of our SHOUT festival in February 2025.
· Assist MAST in developing audiences for Studio 2.
· Document the development of work, engagement with MAST and overall development as artists.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
· At least 2-3 years creating work within the industry (this does not have to be as your full-time job during this period)
· Local to Southampton and the surrounding area
· Local Artists telling Southampton Stories
Applications for our Propel Associate programme have now closed. We will be opening applications again in 2024.
For all enquiries please contact - email@example.com