When we have events and shows in our Studios, the studio doors will open 30 minutes prior to the performance or event.
If there is not an event or show in our studios, MAST Mayflower Studios is open 8.30am to 6pm on weekdays. Please follow our social media sites for news or sign up for email newsletters.
Your safety and security is of paramount importance to us.
The studios will be following the latest government COVID-19 Secure safety guidelines for audiences.
We wanted to clarify the process for attending our venue as a result of the latest government guidelines following the announcement last night:
- Face coverings are encouraged to be worn throughout our venue unless you are exempt or when you are eating/drinking. We will not ask our Front of House staff to police the wearing of masks and we will not expect them to confront members of the audience who do not comply.
- You DO NOT require a vaccine passport to visit our theatre as we are a seated venue.
- Please be considerate to our hard working staff and to each other.
If you or someone in your party is feeling unwell or have any symptoms, please do NOT come to the Theatre. Please call the Box Office on 02380 711833 prior to your performance to discuss your tickets.
Before your visit
- Tickets will be emailed to you in advance of the show or event.
- We will send you an email before your visit to ensure you have all the information you need in advance.
When you arrive at the venue
- Hand sanitising is available on arrival.
- We will be doing security checks when you arrive at the venue/performance and would ask that you do not bring large bags with you.
- The NHS QR code is available for you to scan in if you would like to check in using the NHS Tracking app.
- All tickets must be bought in advance and will be scanned at the entrance so please either print these at home or show them on your mobile device. If you need to print your tickets on arrival, you can do so by using our ticket kiosk located in reception – please bring your order number.
- We recommend that customers use face coverings whilst in the venue for the safety of our staff and other customers. Please be kind to our staff and those around you.
- Refreshments (sweets, soft drinks and ice creams) will be available from our kiosk upon arrival and payment will be through contactless payments only. You can pre-order interval drinks prior to the show starting and collect during intermission from the bar foyer.
- Our staff will continue to wear face coverings for your protection.
- The bar will be open for purchases of alcoholic beverages.
- We have gone cashless and therefore will only be accepting card payments.
- Toilets are open for use throughout the performance. Please observe social distancing and designated routes around the building and take direction from our staff. Please wash your hands before and after using the toilet facilities.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for your use at various points around the building.
- Enhanced cleaning will take place throughout the venue before, during and after the performance.
How will we exit the building/event at the end of the performance?
- An usher will indicate when you are able to leave and where to exit the building which may not be the same way you entered. We ask audiences to maintain social distancing when leaving the performance, and please take any rubbish with you, or leave it in the bins provided.
How is air circulated around the theatre?
- Our air handling units are fed by filtered fresh air. Used air is extracted to the outside and is not recirculated. Filters are changed as part of regular, routine maintenance and we have full control over the air system throughout the theatre via our building management system.
What if I have specific access needs?
- For all access enquires please call our access line on 02380 711813 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I get a refund if I have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate?
- If you cannot attend due to COVID-19. If you or a member of your group cannot attend the performance due to contracting COVID-19 or having to isolate in accordance with track and trace, please contact our box office at least 24 hours prior to the performance.
If the show is cancelled will I get a full refund?
- If we cancel the performance then we will try to notify you as soon as possible using the contact information you have provided. If you are unable to attend the alternate date then please contact us at 02380 711833 or email@example.com.
Can I make a group or school booking?
Yes, please call our Box Office on 02380711833.
Yes. Our box office is open for you to book both MAST Mayflower Studios and Mayflower Theatre shows. Check our opening times here.
Yes. We can take card payments at any of our tills, including the foyer, bars, ice-cream points and our shop.
No. MAST Mayflower Studios is cashless, we only take cards.
Yes, you are welcome to bring all the family.
If you are coming to a performance or an event please check the details for the event as it may not be suitable to bring an infant, or a ticket may be required.
If you are attending a performance suitable for all the family, a child under 2 can be seated on an adult’s lap and does not have to have a seat of their own, the child will need a ticket (free of charge) so that we can monitor the numbers of attendees in accordance with our licence. Please check at time of booking.
No, we do not. Please bring your own booster if your child requires it.
Yes, you can order at the bar before the event.
Yes, in the majority of cases. Some shows do not allow latecomers to enter the Studio once the show has started. Sometimes we may have to hold people in the foyer for a short period of time, before seating them at a particular moment that will ensure the minimum of disturbance to both cast and audience.
To minimise disruption you may have to take different seats to those you purchased.
This depends on the event. Please check on arrival.
It is during some shows. Information regarding any use of strobe lighting will appear on the show's page on this website.
Q&A sessions are a great way to discuss the performance you have just seen. Members of the company will return to the stage after the performance, usually around 10-15 minutes after curtain down, to answer show related questions. The Q&As run for approximately 20 mins, so please allow 30-45 mins from the end of the performance for any travel arrangements. We cannot confirm that all the cast will appear, it is voluntary and many have other commitments. Please be aware that this will not be a time to meet the cast on a personal level.
Any Q&A sessions for a show will be advertised in advance on the show's page on this website.
You are welcome to go to stage door after the show and see the performers as they are leaving. It is up to the individual performer as to whether they wish to stop and chat to fans, pose for photos, or sign autographs. Please do not pester them or be upset if they do not wish to stop; remember that they have finished their working hours and are on their way home, and may be very tired after a performance.
We have three studios:
Studio 1: A theatre space with 450 seats, which is also adaptable for shows being played in the round or traverse.
Studio 2: A flexible performance/studio space with 120 seats for shows, but which can be recessed to give an open studio for workshops, rehearsals and events.
Studio 3: A dance and workshop studio fully equipped with barre and mirrors, allowing drama, dance and events for about 40 people. There is space for 30 people seated for show backs.
There are large comfortable communal spaces for getting together in the bar and on the mezzanine floor.
On occasion show promoters will film performances and audiences for broadcast, promotional and marketing purposes. When this happens signs will be displayed in the foyer prior to the performance.